In this video, you will learn about the Sp (Artisan) personality. Even though they are 38% of the of the average classroom, they are the most misunderstood. As a result, studies show, they are the most likely to drop out of school early. Some of the ways they learn best are as follows:
· They like to entertain and to be entertained
· Prefer visual over verbal learning
· The more game like it is, the better
· Team play and competition works well with these children
· It is more important to praise their performance, than to praise their product
· They like short activities in which they can move around
· For children that are learning to read, having trouble learning to read, and are "hands on learners", we have found nothing better than Ring Around the Phonics. They love it.
· The Artisan often sees other personality types as "stupid". However if they are helped to learn about, and appreciate the unique gifts of others, they can become Great leaders.
· This is funny but true: The Artisan child likes to accomplish something while learning, and the NT child likes to be taught how to do things just to satisfy his desire to know. So both personalities will learn while building something like a room addition. However, a word of caution; the NT will often stray from the standard way of doing the job just to find out what if. It can be quite an adventure.
(It is important not to put inflexible labels on ourselves and others, because, even though we tend to be more of one personality than another, we are never one hundred percent in any one category, and different situations can bring out different traits.)
Note: The book below not only teaches more about the learning styles, but it also has a test that one can take with family and friends to reveal personality types. I found this activity fun and informative. I highly recommend it because it helps in all relationships such as with spouses, coworkers, children, classmates, ext.